JILFA welcomes submissions by scholars, practitioners, and students in the fields of international law and foreign affairs.
To submit an article or comment, please submit it through ExpressO, Scholastica, or email the manuscript to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a copy of the curriculum vitae for each author.
JILFA prefers submissions that conform to the following requirements:
- Articles should be between 30-50 pages, including text and footnotes
- Comments should be between 25-35 pages, including text and footnotes
- Submissions should be double-spaced with 1 inch margins
- Footnotes should follow the current edition of The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation
- Submissions should include a table of contents and an abstract of no more than 400 words
- Submissions must not have been previously published
Due to the volume of submissions we receive, we will be in touch only if your Article or Comment is selected for publication.
Our Articles Department reviews submissions from scholars and practitioners. Our Comments Department considers submissions by current students. The journal typically slates for publication during the months of June, July, and August.
Any comment submissions from current UCLA School of Law students will be anonymized in the selection process. Please refrain from making any statements to current JILFA members that could jeopardize anonymity in the selection process.
JILFA will email authors if their piece is selected for publication.